Friday, October 10, 2014

Takes Away A Little

For all of my years I've wanted to be
All that I can be and maybe a little more;
But the world around me speaks a different language,
Like they've chosen a path for all
And I am expected to follow.
When money begins to speak
Life around you crumbles,
And a new dark world begins to rise
When each brick in the wall speaks lies.

Takes away a little from you each time
Slowly but surely you walk in their way
Just like struggling in a quick sand
No reasoning here, it's a no man's land

The sun rises in the East so I’ve been told
But for how long will that truth hold?
The setting of the sun with its crimson red
Tells a thousand stories of blood that’s been shed

“Twinkle twinkle little star how I wonder what you are”
Now the stars can hardly be seen with the dark clouds a-blockin’
The day is no better with all chemical haze above a-hoverin’.
Vision is blurred and our judgement greatly flawed;
Will we ever heed to the path of innocence taught,
And start the walk back to that place of joy and reverence -
That perfect peace and love found only in his presence?

Don’t walk away in silence like you don’t care,
Ignorance is not bliss, know the truth and dare
To live the change we dream about;
Start from me and you and let it ripple out.

No comments:

Post a Comment